Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ash Wednesday



Today is Ash Wednesday. For those of us that are Catholic, it is the time of the year where we fast (today, Holy  Thursday and Good Friday), give up things, usually things we cannot do without, and remember what we are preparing ourselves for. I usually give up junk food, soda, stuff like that, but since I don't eat the junk food, or drink the soda, giving them up would be pointless. This year, I am giving up excuses. All kinds of excuses that prevent me from working out. "There isn't enough time," "I'm tired." those are not excuses I am privy too. I have a half marathon in a little over 70 days, so I need to make sure I get all the training in. So, I really know that I need to stay clear of not getting that run done, not getting in the pool. I need to know that I am firing on all cylinders. Don't worry, I am not putting my training plans on here. No, that is what my other blog is for.  I also want it to be noted that I will NOT  be giving up coffee, or Facebook, I did that last year.


 Giving up the excuses seems like enough for me this year.

Hope you have a happy Ash Wednesday! What are you giving up for Lent?

No comments: