Sunday, May 19, 2013

NYC

So, yesterday I ran a half marathon in Brooklyn. On my other blog, you will be able to read all about the half marathon and the expo. But, since I feel like I have neglected this blog, and it is supposed to be about life outside of running, I thought it would be appropriate to post the pictures from Friday as I walked around Manhattan killing time waiting for my friend to meet me on the train platform. So, the Port Authority is on 42nd street and 9th Avenue. I think I have been to Manhattan only a handful of times, the latest time was about a year ago (possibly longer now) and my husband's cousin gave us a walking tour. This time, it was just me, and some text messages from a friend telling me what to see. So, I left Port Authority and headed down 42nd Street. I found this little restaurant called Al Fresco, and I think I had the best fresh salad ever! After I ate there, I posted something along the lines of sheer panic. A friend of mine, Mary, practically held my hand via texts offering great places to see . But, first, I stopped at Sephora! I <3 a="" although="" an="" and="" as="" became="" burn="" eventually="" got="" help.="" helped="" here="" hour="" i="" me="" nbsp="" of="" one="" outgoing="" p="" place="" t="" that="" the="" then="" they="" time.="" tourist.="" weren="">







I didn't know there was an M & M world, but I had to check it out...



 In M&M world, I saw this....


 Inside, it smelled DELICIOUS!! I couldn't inhale enough of the chocolate smell...






 Then I went back out and took one last photo of 1 Times Square...
It was a beautiful Friday, it was the beginning of a great night. Don't forget to check out my other blog to learn about the awesomeness that followed.

No comments: