Friday, November 6, 2009

High Hopes

...yes, I did have high hopes. High hopes that the Phillies would have won the world series, hopes that I would have bragging rights in the igloo of mine, but I digress. The Phillies did not win, but we are still National League Champions. We are still the team that last year won the pennant and still celebrated our 10,000th loss. There are a lot of what ifs and what could have been, but that won't change the outcome. It won't change the fact that my mom's secret boyfriend is Chase Utley, or that the Flyin Hawaiian is also known as Shae's Victorino cuz he's her best friend. It doesn't change how it makes us feel when they win and when they lose. What it does is it plants a seed of hope and dreams about what next year will bring. I do have to say that I am proud that the series wasn't a sweep, and that the Fighting Phils lived up their name. I am proud to be a Philadelphia Phillies Fan, and I guess I still love Penguin even though he is for the other team.

PS Say a little prayer for me, I have an interview at a top secret location today...I will tell you about it later.

4 comments:

rockle said...

lol ... "i guess i still love penguin even though he is for the other team." i warned you about marrying a yankees fan! lol.

i feel the same way. so you are not alone. and good luck with the interview! *fingers and toes crossed*

mom said...

its the marriage thing...jaime soxs won phil..phillies joe...yankees i found the speed pass in the laundry basket whenever love mom

burger-burger said...

good luck. can't wait to hear about the top secret business.

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

aww! aren't you a sweetie. and a PHILS FAN?!? You are MORE then welcome at my blog! We are huge, huge philly sports fans. After all, we live just 40 minutes from the place ;)