Sunday, April 29, 2012

The day has finally arrived..

This is my last post before my FIRST HALF MARATHON!! I won't ever be able to say "first half marathon" again, unless I am talking about today. So far, I this experience has evoked every emotion possible, some emotions I didn't even know existed. We went to the expo yesterday to get bib,
 and I thought it was too much of an assembly line-all along the outside of the expo, so you get to walk through it, but not experience it. We decided to go back through the expo, and I thought that there was A LOT of stuff crammed into a little space. If you wanted to shop, you practically had to hold your breath. Well, I did manage to get some things that I needed, like The Stick (like a foam roller but better) and then these bad boys...
These are Newton's they are minimalistic shoes (still learning about them) but they were so comfortable and I was in the market for another running shoe, so I will be working on breaking them in...
All in all, we were at the expo for about an hour. I was disappointed that they offered free samples of soda, but not water, and I later learned that I missed a table of a local shop that sells fresh dried fruits and nuts...hmmm. When we came home, I put my bib on my race shirt...
 And then I relaxed. Well, I tried I should say. I think I have gone through every emotion imaginable at this point in the day, and I still had to go to a pasta party (not the one I paid for because I thought 7pm for dinner was way too late). Anyway, later I met with my 12x12 partner, Sarah and then I came home and went to bed.
Leads me to today...
I KNOW I AM READY..Bring it!!!

No comments: