Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year Snow Angel

Happy New Year! I hope that 2013 brings you everything your little hearts desire. As we come to a new year, we are all at the mercy of tradition to make resolutions. This year, I am working on many small things, but they all have the goal of making me a better me. Sorry if that makes me a little selfish, but every once in a while we need too. Anyway, to start of the year right, I will share some pictures from the first snowfall of the season. It also ended 2012 the right way. As you know, Makayla is 2, so last year the little snow we did have, she wanted nothing to do with it. This year, I didn't know how she would react. I think these pictures speak volumes....

 I don't own a sled, so I waxed up the bottom of my laundry basket and used that instead. She loved it! She really liked it too that at some point the "sled" turned her around backwards as she went down the hill! "More mommy!"


Her first time in the snow....

Here she is smiling, although you can't see it under her scarf. She kept saying "it's sowing momma"

Her first snow angel
Even her father came outside to join the fun. (although he didn't stay long)
I have to say that our first snowfall was a success! I can't wait for more snow, but hopefully I will have time to go get a real sled. In the meantime, I love how much she takes after me with wanting to be outside, exploring everything. She really is a breath of fresh air.

I hope your New Year's was what you wanted, and I hope that you have your eyes set on some great things for 2013. We are all in this together, Happy New Year!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shel, your resolutions are supposed to be about you. That's not selfish. That's the way it works. Good luck with everything! Love the snow pics!! -jaime