Monday, August 3, 2009

Survival Mode

I didn't exactly know what to title this blog, although I don't think I need to be in survival mode. I am not really worried that at the end of this week I will be marrying my STBH. I am not worried that the only thing left to buy is champagne, and I am not worried that in a week the then hubby and I will be flying together for the first time. I am not worried what life will be like then, it really shouldn't be any different then now. I am not worried about the choices and decisions or opinions of other people because quite frankly I cannot worry about how other people's decisions affect me. They don't really anyway right? I cannot worry about how Saturday will go, something will go wrong and quite frankly I am ok with that. No one will really know anyway. I am not going to worry about what the reception hall will look like, I have 2 of the best people in charge of that and I KNOW they will make it look awesome. I am not worried about tripping and falling walking down the aisle, I have my daddy to support me. I am not worried about the fact that I will now be married, again how is that really different than now. What I am worried about is the now what? We will be married and then the when are you going to have children will start. I am not worried about that, but I am worried about what it will be like to be a mom, will I be a good mom? Anyway, my co-workers threw me a bridal shower at work, and it was so surprised! They are awesome! I only work tonight and tomorrow and then off until sometime in the 3rd week in August. I am so totally looking forward to time off and having a great time at the wedding, reception and then to Vegas. Hopefully we will be online again soon and then I can really blog about life. In the meantime I am at the beck and call of work and my folks house to use the internet. Hopefully my sisters Rockle and J will post some wedding pictures on their blogs for you to see. Talk to you soon!

3 comments:

burger-burger said...

get through the wedding first, then worry about kids. really, you can't worry about kids yet. give yourself at least a week ;-)

mom said...

shelley you are right we will get thru and hopefully no one will end up in jail esp not me !!!!

rockle said...

ok, i very rarely quote the bible, so you know i mean this one, ok?

"therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. each day has enough trouble of its own." matthew 6:35

in other words: frankie says relax.