Monday, December 27, 2010

2 weeks

My sweet babes is almost 2 weeks old. Can you believe it?! I can't. She will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. We went to the doctor's today for a 2 week appointment. I found out today from the nurse practitioner that baby's don't usually have a 2 week check-up. Anyway, last week she was 8 pounds 4 oz, and today...she is 8 pounds 10 oz! She is back to her birth weight. That means that she is healthy! The nurse practitioner was happy with how she looked. We chatted a little about my inability to breast feed, even though I was tearful when talking with her, she said that my baby is healthy and that is all that matters. We also discussed what we can do in the future (I know I want one more child) and how she can help get me the help I need to breast feed next time. Babes is now scheduled for her 1 month check-up! One month. I also found out that she gets shots at every visit until she is 2 years old...oh my heart will just break. Anyway, just wanted to update you on the sweet babes. She is resting now, happy to be visiting with Pop-pop, waiting for her cousin Joey to make it in from Chicago and looking forward to meeting her Aunt Jaime for the first time. Hope you all have a happy week between Christmas!

1 comment:

rockle said...

the shots are actually easier when they're little, trust me. when makayla gets as big as shae it's going to be HELL to give her shots. we need the entire office staff every time.