Thursday, January 20, 2011

A month...

My dearest Makayla,
You are 5 weeks old officially tomorrow. You went to the doctor's yesterday and had your second Hep B vaccine. You cried for a hot minute, not when they stuck you with that needle, but when they injected the vaccine into your little thigh. You weighed in at 10 pounds 8 oz in the 90th percentile and at 23 inches, the 95th percentile. Your physical went well although the doctor heard what he called an innocent murmur. To make sure that it is nothing major, we go for an Echocardiogram on Saturday morning. A bunch of mommy's friends have been telling her that their kids had this murmur and that everything will be fine, so we are praying that will be the case. Aunt Bet (Nana's sister) said that there is a 10% chance that it is something to be worried about. However, you know me and my faith, I believe everything will be fine. I can't believe how much you have grown in five weeks! You grew from this...









And have grown into this sweet precious piece of love.



Unfortunately, my time on maternity leave is just about over. It makes me really sad that I can't be home with you all the time. To watch you amaze me every moment, to shower you with nonstop love. Trust me, it's not easy going back to work, and that day is going to be filled with lots of tears. The 8 weeks that follow will not give us a lot of time together, but we will push through and we will be fine. "Auntie" Carissa will be watching you, and mommy knows you are in good hands. She is coming to our house so that you don't have to go out into the cold and so that the environment is the same for you. This will be a big adjustment for both of us. Then, come April, will hopefully bring spring, and mommy going to work at 3 in the afternoon. While I won't be home to put you to bed ( I am still hoping you wake up at midnight for a feeding so that I can do it), we will have all morning together. As the weather warms up you and I will be going on walks, and I am sure Pop-Pop will join us too. But mommy will use the time as mommy and you time! April will also bring taking you to daycare, another adventure for mommy. But, you will only be there 3 hours a day, and I think it will be good for you. You will get to play with other children and maybe make some friends ;) Weekends will be family time, and of course visits with your cousin Shae, Nana and Pop-Pop and Uncle Ryan and Tia Rachel. You have no idea how much you have changed me. How you have put things in perspective for me. I truly believe that you are...
You have helped mommy put things in perspective, and focus on what is truly important. But, before we worry away our time together, just know that mommy loves you oh so much. I never knew I could love someone as much as I love you. You melt my heart over and over every day. I can't wait to watch you grow and your personality flourish. January is almost over, so next month you get your first Valentine's Day. Mommy can't wait! I love you my pumpkin and I hope you know that.

3 comments:

burger-burger said...

tia rachel? what's up with that?

mom said...

of course she is a continental person !!! it wont be easy leaving makayla anyhow she is a really good baby love mom

rockle said...

i thought we agreed i would be her tia loca? lol.

it's great that you were able to get a sitter. it will be hard at first, but she's in good hands, so it will not be so bad.