Tuesday, November 29, 2011

12 weeks

That is how long ago I started running. 12 weeks ago I looked like this...

Today I look like this...


In just 12 weeks I have lost 21 pounds. I am at my lowest weight since probably about 2001. But it doesn't mean I am going to stop now. After just 12 weeks, I have run my first 5K, and this weekend I will be signing up for another 5K, my first 10K and even my first Half Marathon. Yep, you read that right, my first Half Marathon. I love how it feels to get out and run, but I love what it is doing to my health. I love shopping for smaller size clothes, and while I haven't bought new clothes in 10 weeks, I will probably by a pair of pants or something just to keep me motivated. I never really thought that I would like running, yet keep at it after my original goal of running a 5k. I NEVER imagined that I would be so excited that I would want to run a half marathon. There is something about running. How proud of myself I am after a run is complete. I think back to 12 weeks ago when I couldn't even jog for 30 seconds, and now I run for at least 40 minutes straight. Well, unless you take today when running with a jogging stroller is so much more than I expected. My goal for that right now is to run 2 miles ;) I can't believe that I am that person who has to figure out how the gym or running fits into her day, and if it looks like it won't I hit the gym or run BEFORE I care about anything else. I hope you will all continue to support me as I work my way to a healthier me, and that you will be there cheering for me at my next 5, or at the 10, but even better I hope you are there as I cross the finish line of my first half marathon! Thank you for all of the support you have given me so far. I know without it I wouldn't have accomplished so much. 21 pounds in 12 weeks, and 40 pounds since May. That is a whole lot of me that has left, but I am so happy with the results!







3 comments:

rockle said...

good job!

Anonymous said...

keep up the good work though it wont be easy with winter and cold !!!

db said...

keep up the great work. remember to stretch before and after every run to prevent injuries!