Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pre Race Gitters

This is it! This is the day I have been waiting for. No, wait, that will be tomorrow. Today is the eve of the day I have been training for thus far. Tomorrow is my first 5K race! I don't know all the particulars of what people do before the race, but I do know this. My clothes will be picked out tonight, my pre-race meal will be planned tonight. I will have pasta for dinner tonight (possibly lunch too).  I am trying not to let myself get to nervous about the race, I know that I can do it. I have been running 4 miles up to this week, so 3.1 should be easy, but I know how I get. I start to tell myself that I can't do it, that I haven't trained long enough. But, I KNOW I can do this. I know that it is normal to feel nervous about my first race, but I won't let it hold me back. I won't let it keep me from the goal! I can't believe how far I have come in 12 weeks. 12 weeks ago I started the couch to 5k program and could barely run 30 seconds, and now I run 4 miles. Other races are starting to peak on the horizon, and I can't wait to see me conquer those goals as well. Who would have thought that I would be a runner? I can honestly say I never saw this coming. But, I am so glad it did.  You never know what God has planned, but when you are patient and listen to Him, He will allow greatness into your life. I know that I won't win any prizes at my race tomorrow, but the best prize that I can win and will win is FINISHING the 5K and knowing that I put it all on tthe line.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats right you started this project and we will be cheering for you love mom