Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day. It is my second mother's day, and actually, being blessed with Makayla really truly makes every day feel like Mother's Day. This year, I did something special. I ran in a race called The Monarch 5K Run and Walk. It was in honor of a sweet child, that I did not know, who drowned in his family's swimming pool. There was a large turnout, and it was very emotional for me seeing the child's family there, in matching shirts, on the back telling you who they were to that sweet boy. Anyway, the race was a challenge, and my time not the greatest, but the cause was reason enough to do it. I hope they do it every year, I just hope they change the course next year!  Hopefully this will be a tradition to do every year, what a way to celebrate motherhood than by running, it is after all the reason I started running.

If I can be so bold, I have the best mother in the world.  I hope to be a fraction of the mother to Makayla that she has been and is to me. If I can achieve that, then I know I am doing something right. She always tells me that there is no other love like the love of a child, and she is absolutely correct. I am glad she tells me that every now and then, because, quite frankly, we all need to hear that. So mom, on this Mother's Day, I hope you know how much you mean to me.  You have helped me grow into a beautiful person, woman, wife, and mother, and while I know the road before me will not always be easy, I know I have you by my side no matter what. I love you today, tomorrow and always.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

What did you do today? What traditions do you have?

No comments: