Saturday, January 2, 2010

Realization

So, today I have realized a lot of things. Life is not easy, and not easier since getting married. No, I did not except marriage to make things easier, well maybe just a little bit. No, I am not regretting getting married, I love the hubs and am very happy with the decision I made. I had a very heartfelt conversation with one of my sisters and learned a lot more about what it takes to make a house a home. I also learned that I need to be more frugal, which would be easy if it was me, but with the hubs, apparently he is high maintenance. With that being said, I have also learned that through marriage I have grow up more and more everyday. I have learned that there are hard decisions in life and once you make them you have to know that you made the decisions with lots of thinking and praying. For example, Monday I start a per diem job at another hospital. Yes, I still work at hospital A, but I made the decision that picking up another job is what is best for my family. Yes, I know that I will be stressed, and yes, that means less quality time with the hubs, but right now, it is what I see is best for us. As you know, I am teaching PREP classes at the Church I go too, so that is what is a perfect start to becoming stronger spiritually. I am also going to try to do a Bible Study through a Church I used to attend, and in doing said Bible Study, I will read the Bible in a year. I realized that I love what I do, but not necessarily in the context that I am currently nursing. As you may or may not know, I applied to grad school to get my NP. I won't hear anything until July, but every day I realize that it is what is best for me.

Well, that is enough for now. I missed by cousin Beth's wedding because I had to work, and I don't know if I will be able to get over it. I know that I will eventually, but I still feel bad.

No comments: