Sunday, August 22, 2010

Nesting ?

I can't possibly be nesting already? I still have 2 weeks until I make it to the 6 month mark. So please tell me why? Why do I feel more motivated to stay home and do housework then head off to work? Why do I want to get the sweet babe's room ready now, when I am not even 6 months pregnant yet? Why am I afraid that I won't get the room ready in time? Is this normal? My everyday priorities have already changed and are focused on the baby. Is this normal this early on? Well, I guess I can't even say early on anymore, I am now closer to the finish line than when we started. Ahh all the questions that are jumping in my head right now.
As some of you may know, I am now on insulin. I have been on it for 2 weeks now. I am still hoping that it is only until baby comes, but I am only taking it one day at a time. I have to tell you though, that insulin is not that bad. The needle for checking my blood sugar hurts like a 1000 times more, this needle is nothing. I know that it doesn't mean that I can now eat whatever I want, but it does make me feel a little "freer" with what I eat. I am still trying to grasp the gain weight aspect of this pregnancy. I had lost about 20 pounds since I got pregnant, and at my last appointment with the nutritionist she said she wanted to see me gain some weight...ugh! So, they increased my carb intake with the 2 meals that I take insulin and I am guessing both is working. The insulin has controlled my sugars so they are now less than 135. There are still some things that bring my sugars up, but not above 135 anymore. Sometimes I just wish I could be normal.
Well, I better go. I have Church in 10 mins. Hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

rockle said...

you know that there is no such thing as "normal," especially in our family. everybody is different. the only thing normal about becoming a mom is loving your baby, no matter what else happens.

even when they throw a tantrum when you're leaving the carnival and you're afraid you're going to end up arrested.

but you won't have to worry about that for another couple of months yet. ;-)