Saturday, August 7, 2010

What have we been up too?!

A lot has happened since the last time I wrote. My precious babe had the first ocean swim, albeit still inside me (not quite time to come out yet), and even survived a family vacation. The water was too cold on some days, so I couldn't stay in it long, but it was really nice to see the ocean again. One day my mom and I saw some dolphins, and while it was awesome to see, I wasn't able to take some pictures :( However, I am glad that my mom saw them too otherwise I would completely think I am loosing my mind. This was the first time as a family we went to Harvey Cedars, and let me tell you, it was absolutely gorgeous! The house we stayed at was perfectly located between the bay and the ocean, each a short quick walk. The wee ones even had a park to visit, which, I think they visited a bazillion times this week. My sister R took like over 8 gigs of pictures, so check out her site here and enjoy the photos. We also went to Seaside Heights and walked on the boardwalk. There I had my first zeppole, and also bought some sugarless saltwater taffy. Also included on this trip was a mental breakdown on my part, but I recovered because my sister J only gave me 30 minutes to get over it. (Thanks J!) I got to spend a lot of quality time with my niece and nephew, and I just cannot get enough of my nephew saying my name. It is the sweetest sound I think I heard. My niece tried to dig herself to China (what kid hasn't tried that) but also enjoyed being covered neck deep in sand. I think the adults enjoyed that one more than she did. WOW, and that is just an overview.
Penguin even made it down to the beach for a couple of days, and even went in. Penguin hates sand, so the fact that he came on vacation was a bonus, but when I returned from a walk with my cousins (I think they tried to walk me the entire length of the island) I saw Penguin actually in the water! What a surprise that was!! Anyway, our vacation was ended yesterday because of a doctor's appointment. And what a great day it turned out to be! Yesterday, we learned that our baby is a sweet baby girl! We no longer have to call her Femus, although Penguin says he still will. After the doctor's appt we headed to Babys R Us where we started our registry, and I think Penguin had more fun shopping for girls clothes than me. Anyway, now that we know what we are having, the adventure as great as it is now changes. We have agreed to start working harder on the nursery now, even picked out paint colors. I know we have a long time, but actually we only have 4 months left! Holy smokes! I can't believe that we are 5 months pregnant already. Anyway, have a great weekend. Can't wait to blog about our newest adventures!

1 comment:

rockle said...

remind me to take pictures of that crib quilt for you, to see if you want it.