Sunday, October 3, 2010

Aww moment

Yesterday, my good friend Liz asked me to watch her son Anthony because she had to work and because her parents went out of town. Without hesitation I said sure. Why, because I absolutely love this little kid, and because I knew my niece would be up and I love love how good she is with other little kids. Anyway, Anthony came up, and while he was a little fussy, when Shae was able to distract him, hand and hand they strolled around the yard. I wish I had a picture of it, but I have to get better with carrying my camera. To my credit, I had my camera, it was just inside while we were outside. Anyway, Anthony got a little bit more fussy and I decided that it was time to leave so that we could try to get him to sleep. Never the less, within moments, he was asleep.

When we got to our apartment, I waited for the Hubs to get there. I try not to lift heavy stuff, and I knew he would be mad if I picked up Anthony. Anyway, the hubs carried him into our apartment, and while I was changing him for bed, the hubs put together our pack-n-play. What great teamwork we have already. But wait, it gets better. Hubs was eager to hold him, and whenever he fussed he rubbed his back to calm him back down. That was my aww moment. I never doubted what kind of mother I would be, but I sometimes wondered what kind of dad he will be. See, his dad isn't close to him like I am with mine, so while I know he will be a loving father, how would he show it was sometimes wondered. Not anymore. Hubs will be the kind and gentle dad that he needs to be, yet he won't be afraid to be the stern and disciplinarian that he needs to be as well. I have to say this though...I know our precious little girl will have him wrapped around her finger, and I can't be any more excited!

No comments: