Saturday, November 20, 2010

Lamaze

So, I just realized I didn't post about Lamaze class this past week. Well...I actually learned something. I learned how it doesn't matter what you say when you exhale (he, he, ha) it just matters that you make it a pattern so that you can focus on it. I also learned that my husband rubs backs really well, and I might have it do it more often. We were also taught positions that we can be in while in labor, and my favorite is sitting in front of the hubs leaning on him and breathing. I am not a fan of laboring on all 4s, nor did I really enjoy sitting on an exercise ball and "breathing" I mean I know that the exercise ball will help with gravity, but to me, just doesn't seem like the right thing to do. But, I don't really know what the right thing is...I have never been in this place before. All I know is that I want to try to labor sans medication, but no worries, I am the first one to say enough is enough and ask for it. Keeping the baby safe and healthy is the most important thing to me.
On another note, no more contractions since Wednesday. Maybe this little girl will wait until December to make her appearance after all. Her daddy already asked her to wait until Christmas...he wants to have off the week of Christmas. We know she won't wait that long, the doctor's won't let her...but...who knows...Only time will tell.
I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week! Where did November go? Wait...where did this year go?! I still feel like the hubs and I just found out we were pregnant, and now..I only have 3.5 weeks left! Yikes! Have a great Saturday!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Thank you so much for the comment! I know going private means people have to go out of their way to find me, so that means a lot!
Congrats on your pregnancy.. you are almost there! You have the right attitude about labor. Go for the way you want, but it sounds like you know that it doesn't always end up the way you plan and you are okay with that! Good for you.. it'll make everything that much easier :)

rockle said...

what is the line on your water breaking during thanksgiving dinner? i think that would be a most memorable family occasion, no? "what i did over thanksgiving break: watched my cousin go into labor in the middle of the salad course."