Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Over the river and through the woods...

So, I made myself continue trudging along. Note to leaders of groups, when the tail end of the group finally catch up, it is OK to take a breather. It is hard to keep running when you guys had a break. Well, unless you are me and felt bad that they were waiting for you and you just said let's git-er-done! During this run I made a comment of knowing how a mule feels going through the Grand Canyon. Yes, I made that, and no I wasn't kidding. I think the one path that they had me running on in the summer is a stream. The run was beautiful and I can only imagine what it is like in the fall and spring. Anyway, when all was said and done, I ran 8.07 miles. Which is now my longest run. I was proud of myself, but I also wish I didn't complain as much as I did...although at the time, it didn't feel like I was complaining, just trying not to die. I also managed to burn 1400 calories because while it was 8 miles it was definitely cross country running with uphills and down hills and bridges and other such obstacles that nature throws at you.
Now I know I can do 8 miles. And since the weekends are my long runs, now I know to push myself to do the 8 miles. Well at least one day of the weekend. I guess I need to make sure that if I keep running on Sundays that I see how far they are running so I don't do 8 miles back to back, or should I and just make sure to rest. Hmm...decisions.
Thanks to my Breakfast Club Runners, I am being pushed in ways I didn't know I could be. I am going outside of myself and pushing my own limits and living to tell about it.
Here's to Today, and being able to move...now go run!

No comments: