Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year! New You!

As you know, I have been busting my tail with both diet and exercise aspects in my life. With the new year here, I am hoping going to continue what I was doing last year and continue it not just this year, but for as long as my body allows me. In 2010, I ran my first and second 5Ks. In 2011, I plan on running more 5ks, but I am also planning on throwing some 10ks and brace yourself, a half marathon into the mix. Well, I am not worried about the 5Ks (I feel like an old hat), the 10K yeah that worries me, my first one is in February so I will let you know how that goes. Anyway, back to the half marathon. I downloaded Hal Higdon's half marathon training program, if you are interested, you can find it here. So, I have the training plan ready, and now I can't back down. Well, besides the fact that I feel like I will let myself down, I also know that I will let my family down. What you don't know, is that I entered a contest offered by Sarah Stanley. Sarah is "Professional Endurance Athlete & Ultra marathon runner, entrepreneur, health/fitness advocate and speaker." Sarah offered this contest called the 12x12 project, where she will run 12 races with 12 different people. I was chosen to be one of the first 5 people that she will run with. The best part about this is that she will run the race withme at mypace. Click here for more information about the 12x12 project and Sarah Stanley.
Along the journey from now until April, I am hoping to keep you informed of the trip. Will definitely need to look for longer places to run, but am hopefully going to embrace this journey one step, one day at a time.
On a better note, I went to TJ Maxx today and for the first time in 8 years, I can honestly say I enjoyed clothes shopping. I wasn't even planning on going there, but I saw the store and just stopped in. I am enjoying the journey to fitness so far, and today's experience relit the fire. I didn't make it to the gym today, and I cut myself some slack, I needed this shopping trip for me, and I would call today a success.
Back to the grindstone tomorrow, for both the gym and classes.
Hope you all had a great hump day! Many more adventures in the works...please stay tuned.

1 comment:

rockle said...

don't do ANYTHING because you're worried about what others will think of you if you do or you don't - do it because YOU want to. i'll support you no matter what.

congrats and good luck! when is your next race? we'll try to make it to something this year.