Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A work in progress

I have read a lot of blogs and running books that recommend you have a spot in your home for your inspiration wall. That idea sounded great, and since I live in an apartment and space is limited, I thought I would put my inspiration wall on a move able surface (so that it can come with me when we move) above my desk so that I can see it everyday. Here is the wall directly in front of my desk...
See how boring...
I went to Wegman's to get Kale for Kale chips(a blog for another day, and I saw that this was only 12 cents! So, I bought it!
Finally, I got all of my old magazines out...
And began to go through them and cut out things that inspire me...
And then started gluing the cutouts to the poster board. Yes, I know I have lots of blank space, but my goal is to have this filled up by my half marathon in April, so I have a lot of room to add lots of inspiration to it.
So far, the quote "I used to run with DOUBT" is my favorite. I can't wait to see how this piece of work turns out. One of the people that I used to work with emailed me and told me about how I inspire her and how she would love to run with me sometime. I never thought that I would inspire anyone, this was just a journey that I was doing for me...to make be a healthier person, and here I am inspiring others. Anyway, that run is slated for Thursday, I will let you know how that goes.
AND...
because I know you come here to see pics of my daughter...please don't let me keep you from seeing her...
I told her we needed to clean up, she grabbed her hat, had me put it on then went to the front door. I guess she knows that when we clean up we end up leaving the house!
HAPPY HUMPDAY!

No comments: