Monday, October 1, 2012

Foodie PenPal

In the month of September, I somehow stumbled upon this awesome website called The Lean Greenbean. Within her blog I found the option to join and become a Foodie PenPal. It is this awesome opportunity to meet people all across the US or Canada if you are Canadian, and share your love of food! Who doesn't love to get care packages, especially when they involve food?!? If you wanna know more, click here. I had so much fun, I already signed up for this month! The best part is that who you send too is not necessarily sending yours to you. I sent mine to a sweet young lady in CT where my package came from Laura in Minnesota! Hi Laura! I am so excited about this month, I am already planning my package! But, without further ado...

   
 Yay! A package!!!!
This is the best, most fun thing there is! You put an entire ear of corn in the microwave and it makes popcorn! I have so much fun with this, and Makayla thinks it is awesome! It's a win-win. I will be sad when I run out :(



This envelope had a sweet little note, and also a recipe for the MN wild rice. I am looking forward to the fall weather so that I can attempt to make it. Laura, I know it won't be true MN wild rice soup, but I will try!

 I cannot wait to try this dip. Golden Fig sounds delish!

 This book was included in the care package, and while I have never heard of it or the author, the little that I have had time to read is really good. I CANNOT wait for a day off and a peaceful day to read this book cover to cover! Thank you! I am always looking for a good book to read!
 
I can never have enough honey, and this cute little bear is exactly what I need. I love this honey and used it just last week when I was feeling under the weather.
I think it is awesome how through a few short emails Laura was able to learn about me and picked these awesome gifts for me. Thank you Laura and thank you again Lindsay for such a fabulous idea!


1 comment:

Laura Kozy Lanik said...

I'm so glad you liked everything. It was nice to meet you and so much fun to shop for you.