Friday, March 27, 2009

Day 2 err...131 days until my wedding

You know what I love most about living back in PA...the smell of the morning after a rain storm. Seriously, have you ever noticed how clean it smells. Especially in the spring before we even get any humidity. It smells wonderful. Yeah, that is what I noticed this morning on my walk. It was great to walk, the mornings are starting to warm up, I don't really see my breath any more and I get to smell air. Living in AZ, even in early spring the morning were too hot and never really smelt clean. Even after a rain storm it usually smelt like dust. Unfortunately, my afternoon didn't exactly go as planned. I got up at 2pm (which working nights is an hour earlier than normal) and went to my interview at Wilson School District. I interviewed about being a substitute school nurse. Anyway, I was planning on going to the interview, then going to the post office, then going back home to do the second part of my walk. However, like the Rascal Flatts song "Life throws you curves, sometimes you swerve" Well for me missing out on my second walk was me swerving. I missed it, not because I was lazy, but because my grandfather got admitted to the hospital. It is hard to see him there, it seems like he was just there. I was doing ok with the visit until my grandmother showed up and he started to cry. You can see the pain and frustration in his face, and honestly, I can really see him aging.

Anyway, I did what I could to be there for him, gave him my love and encouragement, then I left to get ready for work. It's ok if I have to sacrifice my exercise sometimes....I have days off, like Sunday, where if it is nice I can walk the dogs 3 times to make up for it. Anyway, I better get back to work, I needed to blog because I have a really tough assignment. Have a good night!

Peace, Love and Applesauce!

No comments: