Saturday, July 18, 2009

Rollin Rollin Rollin

Phase 1 of the move is over. After unpacking like ninety forty thousand billion boxes, and organizing our tiny kitchen, I am back at my parent's house taking a small break before I begin packing for phase 2 tomorrow. I even had the opportunity to break in our Mr Coffee Ice Tea maker, and I have no idea how I have lived this long without it! In 10 minutes I had 6 quarts of ice tea and I have learned that adding water works better than the ice cubes like it says. Our little apartment is ours, and with a lot of time to unpack and organize and hang things on the walls it will look like ours. We just need to figure out what we need to give us more storage, because the kitchen is tiny and doesn't really have any room to put things. If anyone has recipes that don't require a microwave send them my way. We don't have one, and we don't have room for one. Oh yeah, I also learned that flip flops ARE NOT appropriate foot wear for moving, and that when you are moving, remember the fluids. We did not have any, and drinking tap water is not always refreshing. Well, sorry this is so short, but it's 1243am, and I want to get some packing done. Phase 2 starts bright and early, and I have to make a trip to the house that I am house sitting to check on some cats. Have a nice day! I don't know when I will get back online, so this may be my last post for a while. I will update you as soon as I can and post pictures as soon as I can as well. Sleep well! Happy packing! Oh..yeah... exactly 3 weeks until the STBH and I tie the knot!!

4 comments:

burger-burger said...

silly. no, flip-flops are not appropriate moving footwear. sneakers are such a smarter choice.

and i'll look for my non-microwave recipes. i'm sure i have a ton, because i didn't always have a micro, either.

congrats on the move! just remember that you don't have to do everything at once.

rockle said...

do you have -- and will you have room for -- a crock pot? because in that case, i got you covered.

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

congrats!...
never wear flip flops to move to get married! lol

RCaitlin said...

sounds exhausting. I not looking forward to my move: D.C. back to Indiana back to FL in three days...