Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Cross your fingers...

Today is a big day for us. Penguin is going to take his placement exam so that he can start taking classes here at the local college. He is hoping that they offer some classes with a late start, like um October, but if not, he is slated to start Spring '10. I am really proud of him, he puts up with a lot of my gentle nudging, and finally, he is going back to school! Yay! Anyway, our apartment is starting to become a home, and I am going to try to take some pics this week and post them on here. I am still trying to find the cable for my cameras so I can upload Vegas pics, hopefully I find them or I can get the pics to go onto a memory card and then just put them on a disc to upload. Hmm, that sounds like a lot of work. I am also looking forward to Friday...Penguin and I are hoping to head to Philly to catch a Drexel soccer game. Actually, we are going because Abbz is playing against Drexel, but none the less that is one of her closest games. Other than that, not much else to talk about. The ICU here is busting at the seams, that we are sending critical patients to other hospitals. We even had to move 3 patients from the unit to a different unit, with an ICU nurse (tonight was my turn) and a nurse from that unit. All in all it seems like someone stood out on the highway with a sign that reads "4 hots and a cot" and then the bus pulled up and emptied out. I am not complaining....TRUST ME...it was way to early in the year for our census to drop and to have to use PTO. Anyway, that doesn't seem to be the case right now, and I am ok with that.
I hope everyone had a good Labor Day, I spent Sat with family and multiple picnics, and then spent Sunday and Monday working. Between work though, Penguin and I managed to catch up on Supernatural just in time for the new season to start on Thursday. Here's to a great week!

2 comments:

mom said...

let me know when you are going saturday or whatever day in case i can go too also maybe we can do dinner just not tonight love mom

burger-burger said...

so how did everything go?