Thursday, September 17, 2009

Up and comings

So, this weekend is the neighborhood garage sale where my folks live. Penguin and I are heading there tomorrow to go through some of the stuff we left behind and to help them get organized for it. Then, my cousin the princess is coming over to her Vacation home to have a hangout and movie night. I am looking forward to that. I work Saturday night, so it will be a pretty low key weekend. Today, after I spoke with my sister J, I made it official. I applied for a job here in the hospital network that if I get it will increase my pay by $8/hr. It's not a lot, but it is something. If I don't get it, I will be a little disappointed, but I will just keep on doing what it is that I love. I am also in the process of finishing up my application to grad school. I have decided that I am not going to put it off anymore. I am looking at Drexel University's Acute Care/Critical Care Nurse Practitioner program. Tomorrow, I am mailing out my references and am going to work on finishing up my admission essay. Really, not much else is going on. Our lives haven't changed since we got married, just seems a lot less stressed at times. Hope everyone had a good week. See you all soon!

1 comment:

burger-burger said...

not a lot?!?! $8/hr * 40 hr/wk = $320/wk = over $16K/yr!!! (i know you don't work 40 hr/wk, but it made the math easier.) GOOD LUCK!!

and just promise not to sell any of my stuff at the garage sale ;-)