Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wednesday

Today is Ash Wednesday, and I have to say that for the first time in many years I was at Mass. Not just any Mass, but Mass at 0830..do you have any idea how hard that is to get out of the house and to Church at 0830 with a 14 month old?! I have a lot of respect for my parents who did it with 3 children. Anyway, Makayla was good, she read her Bible, didn't fuss too much, but after the Gospel had had enough. Thankfully, Pop-Pop was there too and he kept her occupied. Because I can, here is a picture from yesterday, when she just HAD to wear my glasses...

January was a good month for me at the gym. I went 12 times, and even made their "awesome" wall. If I can keep it up for 10/12 months, I get a shirt at the end.

I won't get 12 times in this month, but...I am allowed to miss 2 months. So, my goal is to get in as many 12 months sessions as I can in the remaining 10 months ( I only need 8/month to get my insurance to pay for the membership). I know I can do that.
This is my 3rd week of my half marathon training. I have 9 weeks until I ever run a race at 13.1 miles. That distance seems so far away right now, but I know I can do it. If you follow me on twitter/facebook you get to see my workouts posted there. I don't do anything special, I just follow Hal Higdon's novice half marathon training and just tweek it when I have too. But, here is the biggest news. This October will be the First Ever Runner's World Half Marathon in Bethlehem and yours truly signed up to race in! I cannot believe that I did it, but I just signed up for my second half marathon! I wanted to be part of something special, and since this is the First ever and they are expecting 6000 runners, I knew I had to be a part of it. So stay tuned for the many adventures I have ahead of me with training for my first half, to then the adventures of training for my second, and all the stuff in between. Hang on, I am sure it is going to be a bumpy ride!

No comments: