Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Week recap (Yes, I know it's only Tuesday)

I am supposed to be doing homework, don't worry, I will get it done, but I needed to reflect on this week. I am down another 2.2 #s this week, which puts me at 47.2 pounds loss. My original goal of 50# is soclose, yet I can't seem to get the scale to budge. I will keep trying, don't worry. Monday, I went to a store called Aardvark's and got fitted for running shoes. I learned that when I walk I walk on the outside of my feet, and the running shoes that I had pushed my feet outward more. Explains a lot of the shin pain, AND why my feet hurt so much on Sunday. I cannot wait until Friday to pick them up. (Don't worry, there will be pictures). I guess that officially makes me a runner now, that I am excited about getting new running shoes. Also, I stress out about my Garmin, everytime I walk past it I make sure it is charging. This week is 12 weeks until my first half marathon, and is day 2 of Hal Higdon's game plan. It is also my first run day after a 10K, and my first time trying to find a route at the new apartment. First things first. My legs felt like I was wearing shoes made out of iron and I was trying to run on magnets. It took 2.5 miles (only slated to run 3) just to feel like they were warming up. Oh.my.gawd! I hope this doesn't keep up! But I wouldn't let myself quit. What's 3 miles when you just raced 6.2? Then came the problem of finding 3 miles that was good to run. I found a route, and it had a lot of hills. I am sure I will run it again, but I think my run on Thursday will be on the bike path or somewhere FLAT. I think my legs need something flat. I also need to find a good home video or something to help me stretch (suggestions greatly appreciated).
In running, as in life, you meet some great people. I have met a lot of great people with BCR and I hope that I can consider them friends one day. I owe a lot of my success to them, whenever we do our weekend group runs they are always encouraging me and helping me NOT QUIT. I hope that in my running, I continue to make them proud.
I still can't believe that I have only been running since Sep, and I have completed a 10K and am now training for a half-marathon. Who would have thought it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

come on pictures of makayla