Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hydration

With the weeks until my half coming down to being able to fit on one hand, I thought it would be better to start trying out things while running. Just like running in skirts, I don't want running while hydrating to wait until race day. So, I ran to Walmart on Friday before my 7 miler to see if they had a hand-held water bottle. They did, so I bought it. While I did not have time to fill it half way and freeze it before the run, I did fill it half full with ice cubes and then water. (I will get to my review here shortly, I promise) Anyway, since I don't take pictures while I run, here is a picture of me before 7 miles...
Anyway, I used the water bottle, and it was surprisingly easy for me to adapt. It wasn't added weight, and while it just took some time for me to figure out a way to comfortably hold it, I was glad I had it. I am glad that I am trying to figure the whole drinking while running thing out, my stomach got queasy a couple times and I am thinking that I drank too much water at one time. I also have to figure out how to ration my water, because even though I know there will be water stops along the race, my training runs do not so while training rationing is a necessity. I also need to figure out how to drink so that my stomach doesn't get queasy. So, back to my run...my water bottle only lasted for the first 3.5 miles, that explains why my first 3.5 miles were much faster than my second half. Needless to say, I have no idea what took me so long to bring water along. Well, actually I do know. I started running in September where it wasn't the dead of heat, and then that took me to winter. I guess now that I have water, I also have 5 weeks to get used to running with it, I also have 5 weeks to learn to hydrate while running so that 1- it lasts for long runs and 2- I don't get that queasy feeling anymore. VERDICT- I am glad that I asked about hydrating to all my running friends. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Here is a picture of me after 7 miles...

Why am I not smiling...here...let me show you...




And because I can't end my blog post with ugly pictures of a must needed pedicured feet...


HAPPY SATURDAY! KEEP ON RUNNING.

No comments: