Saturday, March 3, 2012

Running

My life seems to be on fast forward lately. I don't know about you, but when I was in high school, I thought time went to slowly. In college I thought it went at the right speed. Now, since my daughter came along, I feel like it is in fast forward. Who hit the warp speed button, and how can I get them to depress it? I can't believe that I have been training for my half marathon almost a full month now?! I can't believe that I have less than 2 months until I run it. There is a lot I can't believe, I am just glad that I am healthy enough to enjoy every minute. I just got back from my 5 mile run. Tomorrow was supposed to be my long run day, but I did it today so that I could run with my running friends. I remember when I was training for my 10K and 5 miles was my max I ran, and now this will be the shortest long run until after the half. I am so humbled by the complements I got today. My pace felt great, I just have to now work on pushing myself harder. I need to get all of my miles closer to 10 even, not even want to, I feel like I NEED too. Don't get me wrong, this is definitely a much faster pace than when I first started running, but I am actually starting to feel like a runner, and I don't want to stay in my comfort zone. I want to push myself, and know that I left it all out there.
Now that running is finished for now, I can relax and enjoy the day. I am going to try some new recipes today that I got from my "friend" Courtney. I can't wait, it is fresh fruit salsa and some healthified cookies. Who doesn't like cookies, but no one like me loves them more when they are made healthier!
Tomorrow I am cross training and will be swimming. I CANNOT wait to stretch out in the water. Then, tomorrow evening, I am running/walking with my friend Stef to continue supporting her with her running for a 5k. Running with her humbles me, since I know where she is coming from, and for the sheer fact that she asked me to run with her to get her in shape. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect someone to ask me to help them get into shape.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

want pictures of kayla !!!!

rockle said...

time does move in fast forward once you have kids. can you BELIEVE you are the aunt of an almost-five-year-old? ME EITHER.