Thursday, March 4, 2010

It all starts with an "M"

Meat pie...that starts with an "M" and that was what was for dinner. It was actually really good, and I am getting better at making my own crusts. Here are some pictures, enjoy!





















Motivation, yep that has an "M" too. For some reason, a motivation bug climbed up my tushy and gave me the push I needed. I went to an actual running store and got properly fitted for running shoes. And what a difference it makes to have the right shoes! I wanted to get Nikes, but they weren't wide enough for my feet. It's alright, though I found a this site to log my workouts! Now, not only am I holding myself accountable for eating, I am also holding myself accountable for working out.




Next, the important part of training for any sport, is having and setting goals. With First Strides, I train to run in a 5K race. But then what? Hopefully there will be a 10K that I can run, but now I have set my eyes and my goals higher. So, with my new running shoes I was able to run 1.5 miles today, and it felt good. I have never been able to use the elliptical for more than 5 minutes without my toes feeling numb so I never thought I would be able to run 1.5 miles. Then, I walked a 1/2 mile to cool now. I am so proud of myself. I never thought I would do it. And now...I am hoping to run in the Inaugural Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon in Philadelphia in September. September 19th to be exact. So here's to happy feet and manymany miles.

2 comments:

rockle said...

i have never made my own crust for anything ever except german cherry pie which has a shortbread cookie crust so that doesn't even really count anyway. i buy a crust, or modify the recipe to use bisquick or something. you have one up on me there.

mom said...

the meat pie looks great had some mac and cheese for lunch yesterday and it was yummy love you mom