Monday, March 22, 2010

Workout..

You know what I love about working out...how it makes me feel after it. I might not like it while doing it right now, but I know that will change too. I was never really a runner growing up, but there is something energizing when I see the little numbers on the treadmill slowly change. I feel completely different after running than before I start...it feels like my stress level plummets completely during the race. It's like my body says to me, wait, you don't need this anymore and off it goes. I also know how much healthier I feel after I workout. Yes, I know that I am carrying more weight than I should, but I also know that I have lost 18 pounds since Jan. I try not to focus on that so much, but I know how far I have come, and how much further I want to go. I want to be a healthy weight, healthy by my standards, not society per se. Because quite frankly, I am an athlete, or well once was. There is no way that this 5"3" girl can get down to 115 pounds and not look like I am starving. So, I want to get a lot lighter, but still be healthy. I know I can do it. I gained a workout friend who will keep me motivated because she wants me to keep her motivated. We are going to try to hang out a lot outside of work, and hopefully, the weather will clear up by Thursday so we can go bike riding. Oh, today she said she loves to swim...be still my beating heart. I need.to.swim before camping, besides, I think cross training will do me some good. Anyway, not much else is going on here. Hubs has a job interview tomorrow for another part time job, so fingers crossed here. I work tonight, then am off until Friday night. Looks like the middle of the week will be a "normal" days, that will definitely include working out and eating right. Hope your Monday leads to an excellent week!

3 comments:

rockle said...

workout buddies are awesome, if you're into that sort of thing.

mom said...

just saying hi hope your day goes well !

ahbee said...

keep it up, girl!!! good job!!! :)