Saturday, August 4, 2012

Boot camp!

So, today I went to Central Park in NYC to do a FitApproach SweatPink ambassador meet up/boot camp/yoga session, followed by brunch. I have to say that I had no idea what to meet, and while it was a 1.5 hour drive, I knew that if I didn't seize the opportunity I would look back and regret it later.  See, Alyse and Jamie, the founders of FitApproach are based out of San Francisco and I didn't know when or if they were planning on coming to the east coast again.  And, if you know anything about me, when I do something, I either do it 100% or I don't even start it. As soon as I heard about this meet up, I KNEW I had to be there.  Have I mentioned how excited and glad and awesome this experience was.  I got to meet awesome women like myself and we all share a common goal, to help get ourselves into shape, whatever that means to us. SO, while I was extremely nervous at first, I quickly got over that. When I first got to Central Park, I was a little a lot overwhelmed.  I have never been there before, so, getting there by myself made me a little nervous. At first I thought I was lost, but then I looked for the group wearing their SweatPink shirts. Once I spotted them, my fear and nervousness left because I was getting to meet my blogging friends.  We got to chit chat a little bit and get to know each other, some were in NY for Blogher conference and 2 of them were there because they had just graduated from Yoga Instructor training.  We all came from different walks of life, and yet we were already like a family.  It was awesome. Jamie and Alyse were on time (hey, no penalties for getting lost, from what I saw today Central Park is HUGE). Jamie jumped us right into boot camp. It kicked my butt, and I am so pumped! My core is one of the weakest assets, so I am glad to hone in on them any time. I wish I lived in San Fransisco so I could take a boot camp class with her more often. It was the best/worse 45 minutes of my day :) After boot camp, we settled down with some yoga. I have dabbled a little bit into yoga before, and as always I was hesitant to do it again. For some reason, I just don't think I fit into the "yoga type" persona. Anyway, yoga was taught by Melissa, who just graduated from Yoga Training. I would not have known it was her first class. It was an awesome class where I learned a lot and because she is very tactile, stuff I was doing wrong was corrected so I could really feel what she was trying to tell me to do.  I really appreciated the time she took out to teach us. It made me miss the dabble in yoga I did and made me want to take it again just so I can learn how to do a head stand. Pinned Image If only I lived closer to her in NYC!!
So, what had I learned so far today...that I really am interested in becoming a personal trainer, so I can teach boot camps to make people love me/hate me all at the same time. Not only will I push others to better themselves, but since I will be participating in boot camp, I will be bettering myself. Oye, look what steps are doing to me!!!
After we sweated up a storm, we took  a short walk to a place called Sarabeth's were we all had brunch and continued to talk and learn about each other. I couldn't have asked to better spend my day than with this awesome group of ladies. I cannot wait to reach out to each and everyone of them, learn from them, grow with them and hopefully meet up with them again sometime soon. Thanks so much for a wonderful day. Not only did I get to do a boot camp, yoga, continue my ab challenge, and see Central Park, but I really truly feel I made some awesome friends. Thanks again!

No comments: