Monday, August 6, 2012

Setting the standard

You know, working 10 hours days are killer. I don't know what is worse, the fact that I still get up at 6 am then go to work for 10 hours, or the fact that I am working 10 hours. See, when I get up at 6, it isn't like I am not doing anything. Today, I got up and ran with my friend M. We try to get together as often as we can, and in turn, I am helping her get in shape. Tomorrow, I will get up and go to the gym. It is nice to have these workouts done before work because after work it is rush rush rush to spend time with Makayla before she goes to sleep. But, don't get me wrong. I am not complaining, I am going to enjoy ever single moment of that well deserved day off. For instance, this weekend is my 4 day weekend, you bet your red rider I will enjoy every moment. Friday we are going to the beach, after that, nothing else is really planned, and I like it that way. But, I want to take a moment and thank all of my friends on facebook for liking my status the other day. It is because of each and every one of you that I did 10 minutes of planks (20 at 30 seconds/plank). I know that I probably could have done it, but I put it out there and you all stepped up, thank you! I know how to figure out how to up the ante.  I also want to see if I can find a boot camp, I really enjoyed the one I did on Sunday, and I wish I could go to one more often. Hmm, and find yoga...oh, if I could win the lottery.
My goal for Saturday is to run 6 miles. I haven't run that far since my half, and I am actually looking forward to see how my cross training and running will make this run feel.  I am hopeful and nervous all at the same time. No matter the outcome, I still have time to get ready for my half in October, that is what all of this training is for.
Because of the challenge I gave myself yesterday, I am stepping up my game.
Pinned Image

I have some goals that I need to write down so that I see them so that I can live up to them. I need to keep the momentum going. I am going to keep doing steps (I actually missed them 2 weeks ago when I couldn't go). I am currently getting my bike worked on so I can add cycling to my cross training. I am going to keep running, and keep working on my diet and curbing those moments when eating everythings seems to be what I want to do. I have come to far, and I am too close to my goal that I cannot go wrong know.  There are some other things that I want to look into doing yes, we all know bootcamp and yoga, but other things as well. I ask you, my friends now, to help me. Help me stay strong, work hard, and work even harder. I will stand by your side and help you, will you stand by mine and help me?!?
Pinned Image
:)


2 comments:

jenna said...

you can do it! :O)

thewwchick said...

You've got this. Force yourself to follow through with your plan. Period. No excuses. You didn't get THIS far with excuses. It would be so easy to slip back into old habits. I can be your accountability buddy if you need to text me your accomplishments! :)