Thursday, July 5, 2012

Post race day

Yesterday was hot! I hope you all stayed hydrated and still enjoyed the weather. After the Firecracker 4 miler I could feel  muscle soreness in my right leg, and I knew it wasn't the same as the pain I had before therapy so I believe it definitely was soreness from not having run that far in so long. Anyway, I made sure to rest it by swimming in a pool and taking 2 aleve. It felt much better after the Aleve, so it gives me hope that I really am on the path to healing.
The race wasn't my best, (I did walk up the hill at mile 2) but I am relieved to make it through the race pain free. Gives me hope that I will be able to do half marathons again! After the race I was able to talk to a super awesome lady and hopefully a friend and she offered to do speed work with me (something I have been contemplating just never knew how to go about it). So, hopefully that will help me break my 30 minute time for my 5k and help me improve running overall.  I am hoping to get back to where I left off, and also do better on at least one of my half marathons this year. I really want to know what I can do without pain. I am also going to be smart, and only do the 10% rule  when it comes to increasing my distance, and I am going to still go to the gym and do the workouts they gave me at physical therapy, hopefully be able to do something like cross fit and improve my overall fitness.

Sorry for the rambling. There will be pictures later that my mom took yesterday of the babe, but for now, try to enjoy Thursday, it looks like it will be a warm one again.

No comments: