Friday, July 13, 2012

What doesn't kill you...

Makes you stronger.  The Kelly Clarkson song Stronger, while is not about being this kind of strong, fits completely. " What doesn't kill you makes you stronger/ Stand a little taller/ Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone/ What doesn't kill you makes you fighter" So, today, 2 days later I am finally feeling the affects of the steps.  I am not complaining, it actually feels good to know that something is working on making me a better, stronger runner.   I found this picture today, and thought it was perfect..

Photo: Start your day with a positive quote from us. Follow the link to sign up. It's FREE http://www.positivequotes.us/
http://www.positivequotes.us/

I will have to remember that when I hit the steps again next week.  I know that these steps will help me in the long run and while I was disappointed I couldn't run all of the steps 10 times, I did take that first step and I did run them 10 times. That is huge for me. And crazy me, is looking forward to doing it again next week. I had every intention of going to the gym this morning, but Makayla had other plans. I went to kiss her goodbye and she said "Hi, Mommy!" She wanted nothing to do with me leaving so instead I just held her and we nuzzled and hung out. I made breakfast, she wanted breakfast. She wanted my cereal with milk, so I gave her cereal with milk.  I have to say, I really enjoyed the time we got to spend together this morning even though it meant I didn't get to go to the gym. I am sure there are going to be days when she wants nothing to do with me, so I will hold onto these moments forever.  While I am hoping the pain in my calves is only temporary, since I have a 5K tomorrow. It is the Quiet Valley Rooster Run. From what I read, it is mixed terrain and cross country. I have no idea what to expect tomorrow, but with a name like Quiet Valley Rooster Run, it has to be fun right. Stick around tomorrow, I will sure to tell you all about it.

Speaking of tomorrow, my sister J and her family is coming in from Chicago tonight, er um tomorrow for the weekend. I am finally going to meet my month old nephew for the first time. I am sure the kids are going to be up to no good, and I cannot wait! Have a great Friday!

No comments: