Monday, July 30, 2012

A horse of another color

This is Merrill Creek Reservoir...


http://www.merrillcreek.com/

This is where BCR ran on Saturday. Don't worry, I did not run all the way around this, although maybe next time I would love to try it.  I have to say, it was BEAUTIFUL! Not to mention that the trail was awesome, the scenery was AH-MAY-ZING!!! We were crossing one of the dams and you could see the clouds just rising above the mountains, I really wish I had my camera there, me talking about it cannot do it justice.  While I did not run all of it, I didn't get mad. I got to enjoy a place that I would not have normally gone too. It is one place that I hope we visit again, although I hope it is sooner than later.  Running there was a great break from running a race and made me appreciate the ability to run that God has given me.  When you are that close with nature, who cares about anything else? I didn't, I enjoyed the scenery, the nature, and the views!
Pinned Image
from pinterst.com

Today was an unplanned rest day. I say that because I was supposed to go to the gym at 5 am, but 4 hours of sleep, was definitely not enough. Usually, this would upset me, but, not today. After that run on Saturday, it puts things into perspective. It just requires me to be creative and rearrange some things, but my rest day will be embraced. It is also the first day of my new schedule, (8:45-1915) so maybe it is a blessing in disguise that it was a rest day.  I am not really sure how my body will enjoy the 10 hours, but it gives me an extra day off with the wee one so I am sure it will be fine.
Pinned Image
from pinterst.com
Wednesday, is my day off this week. I will be heading up to Lehigh for the
Preseason. It will the sweet babe's first time, and I know my dad is excited to go. So glad Wednesday is my off day, they have off on Tuesday, and looks like they only have a few more weeks left of preseason.
Anyway, here is to a great week! And while this is probably how most of us feel...

Pinned Image
from pinterest.com

I think this is how I am going to view it from now on...

http://bohemianromance.tumblr.com/post/19577684783

No comments: