Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Time to tame the beast...


This was me before my quest for today

This was my Quest....
Home bleachers Fischer Field
And Bob and I were successful in the quest. We went up all 98 steps 5 times, and went up half of them 5 times. Every other time was all the way to the top. I was excited to see Bob and excited to run these steps with him. He always has words of wisdom for me, and today was no exception. It is great to feel like I belong somewhere, BCR is like a family, and Bob is someone who I believe truly wants me to succeed in running and really is concerned about my well being.   I love doing steps with him. Yes, I actually said it, I LOVE STEPS! I am proud of how I just took this on like it is nothing. Like it is a walk in the park. It is not, but I will continue to conquer this quest if it kills me. It won't, it will make me that much stronger. My running will only get better. Which, obviously is my goal.

Me, post steps


Sorry for the face, I don't really know how to take a picture of myself.   Well, it was a beautiful day, and I was glad to have gotten outside to enjoy it. While I cursed the steps for the 30 minutes I ran them, I am so glad that I had the opportunity to do them and glad that I was able to #SweatPink.  I am also thankful that God has blessed me with the ability to run. I won't ever take that for granted.




1 comment:

thewwchick said...

#1) Those steps look EVIL! I fear falling down. Especially down steps like that. I'm impressed! #2) I say a little prayer each time I go out for a run. It's rare that I forget. I literally throw my hands up, close my eyes, and say, "Thank you God for letting me run on my own two legs & giving me the strength to leave my house even though I didn't want to!"